deployed.....

Monday, March 12, 2007

Esther 4:12-16 When Esther's words were reported to Mordecai, [13] he sent back this answer: "Do not think that because you are in the king's house you alone of all the Jews will escape. [14] For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father's family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?"
[15] Then Esther sent this reply to Mordecai: [16] "Go, gather together all the Jews who are in Susa, and fast for me. Do not eat or drink for three days, night or day. I and my maids will fast as you do. When this is done, I will go to the king, even though it is against the law. And if I perish, I perish."
During the time of exile a young Jewish woman named Esther became Queen. The enemies of the Jews had plotted to destroy them all and word of this had reached Jews who had attained an influential position, including the most influential of them all, Esther. At this point in her life she knew that it was her voice that would have to speak out for her people.
Mordecai's words are amazing, challenging and full of truth - who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this? This was her God anointed part to play in the history of her people. She was in a unique place. She had the heart and passion for it. And she had the experience necessary to approach the King and plead on behalf of the Jews. As my Grandfather once said - the Lord works in obvious ways.

1 Comments:

  • This part of Esther generally eally makes me think. What strikes me this time is how scared she was and how she is trying to get out of it. What am I scared to do about which God is actually saying - you were created for this task/moment?

    By Blogger Louise, at 9:01 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home