deployed.....

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Serving from Experience: Day 4....

2 Tim. 1:6-7 For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands. [7] For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.
I remember the time I messed up really badly..... I just wanted to give up. I felt I had nothing left to offer, and wouldn't be considered to offer anything anyway. I just wanted to crawl away into a corner and be forgotten.... and when times are tough I often want to give up and crawl away too.
But sometimes it takes a friend to speak truth into our lives at points like these - to comfort and encourage us, to get us not to forget what God has spoken to us in the good times, because he spoke them then so that in the dark times we could draw strength from them!
Pray that God surrounds you with people, who when things have gone awry will speak words of truth into you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home