deployed.....

Friday, March 02, 2007

Serving from Experience: Day 2....

Acts 20:24 However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace.

This is the second time we've come across this passage recently....

I think back to my life before Jesus, and to the lives without Jesus I see around me. I don't want to experience life without Jesus again. It's a passion that drives me forward - I wamt others to know Jesus like I do, to be perhaps closer than me....

1 Comments:

  • Reading the last phrase "the gospel of God's grace" made me think: It is only as I truly believe God's grace that I can testify to it and also that testifying to God's grace is more than words. People will see in my life whether I really believe in God's grace (as well as in God) and will only be likely to believe what I say about it if my life matches up. We tend to think of this in terms of being perfect or something but it is grace they need to see in our lives, not perfection. So the obvious one is do I forgive others, but just as important is, do I forgive myself and deeply know God has forgiven me? Do I act like my God is chasing me or loving me?

    By Blogger Louise, at 9:19 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home