deployed.....

Monday, March 05, 2007

Serving from Experience: Day 3....

Philip. 3:12-14 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. [13] Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining towards what is ahead, [14] I press on towards the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenwards in Christ Jesus.
It's imporant to remember the past, but not to be held captive by it. We should learn from our experience, not be trapped by it. Sometimes I have to acknowledge that I have mae big mistakes. But once I've made ammends for them, or sought forgiveness, or been restored, I try and move on. If I dwell on what I did wrong, brood about it, or feel that I am not worthy to serve God then I stop contributing to moving the Kingdom forward - and when that happens the only person who benefits is Satan.... So I learn from my mistakes, learn from the past, but I have to choose not to dwell there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home