deployed.....

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Serving from Experience: Day 1....

1 Cor. 10:31 So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
A tutor at university once told me to read a lot - nothing you ever read will be wasted he told me. I think he lied. Nothing I read seemed to come up in the questions he set for my exams....
But much the same is true of God. Nothing is ever wasted. He can take any experience, any situation that you find yourself in and use it help you grow and to serve others. So I need to learn to be a person of reflection. I need to be able to look back on those things that have happned to me and look for how I can benefit from them spiritually. And not just by looking backwards either. I think that I need to pause in every situation I find myself in and ask if God is asking me to do anything here....

1 Comments:

  • I need to remember this. That I can do whatever I do to God's glory, including eating and drinking....and having fun! Somehow I have managed to separate these things in my head recently - the things I do for God are the serious things ...so anything I do which is fun or more frivolous must be about something else. There's something so not right in that. I'm sure God created us with the capacity to have fun. Maybe when this was written, meals were the place where you had some of that fun??? Or were they serious places of discussion, there seem to be a lot of serious conversations over food in the bible. At any rate, Paul says that we should do whatever we do to God's glory and something tells me that that includes having fun!

    By Blogger Louise, at 11:26 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home