deployed.....

Monday, February 26, 2007

Jeremiah 1:4-8 The word of the Lord came to me, saying, [5] "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."
[6] "Ah, Sovereign Lord," I said, "I do not know how to speak; I am only a child."
[7] But the Lord said to me, "Do not say, 'I am only a child.' You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. [8] Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you," declares the Lord.
Here we are again, a reminder that not only has God made us, but he has uniquely crafted us, and for a purpose. But that purpose requires of us obedience and courage. Obedience to fulfill that purpose, obedience to go where he asks us to, to step into situations that we may at first not seem comfortable with. And it requires courage to act on that obedience.
The promise is that if we act in courage and obedience then we get to see God at work, get to see how marvellous and fantastic and amazing it can be when we are living at the centre of God's will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home