deployed.....

Friday, February 16, 2007

Discovering your Gifts: Day 2....

Ephes. 4:11-13 It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, [12] to prepare God's people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up [13] until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fulness of Christ.
I'm reminded about something fundememtal this morning....
As a leader I have great responsibilty for how I use the gifts that God has entrusted me with. I have been blessed, but it is not for my benefit. I have been gifted, but these gifts have not come from anything I have done - instead they have come from God. My duty is not to build myself up, but to work hard in building up God's work, and I must never stop using them for that. It seems that there will always be people who need to hear about God for the first time, always be people who are hurting and needing shepherding, always be people who need instructed in the word, so I can never rest on my laurels. I can find time to rest and recharge, but I can never say the job is done....
So here is my prayer for today as I reflect on the gifts that I have been given, and how I use them. Once more it is that I must decrease so that He may increase. People will not see me as I use my gifts, rather they see Jesus as I serve with them....

1 Comments:

  • God gave us all the glory and strength to achieve what we are today. I pray that I will be more confident of the gifts that God has given me and let me realise my potential through God's grace...

    Jason

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home