deployed.....

Friday, February 02, 2007

God's Masterpiece: Day 1....

1 Cor. 15:58 Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labour in the Lord is not in vain.

Have you ever picked up a bottle of shampoo, smiled to yourself and said “I’m worth it….” That despite all the grime that accumulates in your hair you know that the magic contained in the bottle is going to make everything better?

I feel like that sometimes because of what Jesus has done for me – the verse comes at the end of a long passage about Jesus sacrifice. What he went through, for me, shows me that I was worth it for him. And when I reflect on that I can only respond with gratitude. And to show that, in response to his love for me, I want to work for him and wholeheartedly and without any reservations. I know that at the end of ‘time’ that I want him to be pleased with me, and for me to be able to say to him that I didn’t let him down, that I made the most of the second chance he gave, that I didn’t waste it.

I know that sounds like I’m being motivated by guilt, but actually I hope that it’s love. The closer I get to him, the easier it becomes to serve him – and conversely the further I get from him the harder it becomes. So the note I leave to myself is this – stay close to the one who gave everything for me, because then I’ll be able to show him how grateful I am from love and not from duty….




2 Comments:

  • Yes, stand firm. I hope i can stand firm in doing my daily devotion. I've been starting and stopping countless times. I know God will be pleased that i 'chat' with Him everyday.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:25 am  

  • Jason

    I was thinking that God is trying to tell us to carry on or start doing things in favor of God’s name, like Evangelism. Even though times may be tough, but we must persevere and know that God is watching over us and we will be rewarded according to what we have done.

    I hope that I could stand firm to God's plans for me and trust in his ways.....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home