deployed.....

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Wear....

Col. 3:12-14 Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. [13] Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. [14] And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.

It’s my wife’s fault. Ever since we’ve got married I’ve had to pay more attention to the clothes that I wear. In the old days I used to pick clothes for how they felt, for comfort, warmth or practicality. Now I have to pay attention to details such as colour and style. Not only that, but I’m not allowed to carry items in my pockets anymore – they spoil the line of my trousers and I now have to carry a man-bag around with me….

But wherever I go, my clothes go with me, following my every move, surrounding and encasing me. And I think this is what paul means here. We should go around being enclosed and encased in these values. They should follow our every move and every action until acting with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, patience and love is second nature, as if we were wearing them rather than the clothes of our old self.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home