deployed.....

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Closing Words....

1 Thes. 5:23-28 May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. [24] The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it.
[25] Brothers, pray for us. [26] Greet all the brothers with a holy kiss. [27] I charge you before the Lord to have this letter read to all the brothers.
[28] The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.
All....
It's a recurring theme in the Bible that all we have belongs to the Lord. Not some. Not most. Not nearly everything. But all, completely, whole.
Sometimes I wonder how I can give over everything - it seems impossible to completely eliminate all the elements of selfishness from my soul and replace it with total selflessness. But then I remember that Jesus stands with me and is faithful, and every temptation I face he will be faithful to me and show me a way to escape or to flee. With this in mind it becomes easier to set my mind to commit all to him, to work to seek after holiness so that on that day I can be presented as blameless before the Father.

1 Comments:

  • It's just as well He'll do it because I know I can't do it myself. Sometimes it seems impossible that it is happening but it says here it is. I guess we prefer to think of ourselves as better than we are, so when God puts us in situations that brings bad stuff to the surface,so that He can deal with it, we think we've gotten worse but we're not any worse, it's just more visible. I KNOW it's worth it to become more like Jesus, I just don't always FEEL like that!

    By Blogger Louise, at 12:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home